The main role of a security officer is to maintain a safe working environment. As a security officer, you will be the first-line defence against any attack on the building and the people working inside it.
All security officials are given training for Security Services in Bangalore before they join a post. A security officer must be on his guard at all times. Despite the necessary skills, you must develop some soft skills as well. These skills will make your job easier to do and you will win some extra points from your boss!
- HonestyAs a security officer, you will be given access to private spaces and confidential information. Your job is to keep these spaces and information safe. You must never abuse your powers. First and foremost you should be loyal to your employer and be an honest upright individual. This is something that all Security Agencies in Bangalore value and look for.
- PunctualityYou should never be late on time unless of course you had an emergency and you had someone else to cover your position. Reporting late to duty is considered a bad work ethic and poses a great threat to the security of the building and the people.
While you were absent from your position, if any attacks were made on the building it would be your fault entirely. So you should always be punctual and also complete your given tasks on time.
- Maintain calm when things go wrong you should never lose your calm. It is very normal for people to panic when they face any danger or any sort of threat. But as a security guard, you must make sure that you can diffuse the situation responsibly without any casualties.
So when things go wrong instead of panicking, remain calm and think. It is only when you remain calm will you be able to come up with a proper solution. Remaining calm will help you think clearly.
Maintaining a calm mindset may not be easy but you have to steel yourself and practice meditation. If you want to step into the security world, you cannot expect to go very far in this field if you are restless and panic when faced with a threat.
- Communication skills You may be surprised because as a security guard is not combat skills enough? Actually no they are not enough. You also need to be able to communicate with your team members. As you already know you will not be working alone. You will always be working in a team and hence you must be on good terms with your team members.
People may ask you for directions and you should be able to provide them with clear directions. Apart from this, you should be able to communicate with your team members regarding any need for backup or when you become suspicious of any individual. You should be able to successfully deliver the message to your team member using sign languages.
Another requirement of this job is to write daily reports. You need to write up detailed daily security reports for your chief or head of the security to evaluate. Therefore if your grammar skills are not something that you are proud of, maybe you should start working on it as well.
Lastly but not least, you will be also be asked to present yourself at court as a witness. You need to tell the judge and the jury about the entire incident as it happened and why, how you reacted in that situation, and what propelled you to react the way you did.
- Problem-solving You will be appointed as a security officer to prevent any security breaches from happening and if a problem does occur then it will be your sole responsibility to solve it. You need to come up with different solutions to solve the problem. You can also work to solve a problem with your team members.
If a conflict occurs at the office building, you will have to tackle the situation so that it does not disrupt the work environment. You will have to find solutions on your own!
Security Guard Services in Bangalore provide highly trained security officials who can keep an area safe and secure. You will not have to worry about any break-ins or security breaches once you hire security guards!